About

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Scrabble on Saturday

Mr. was sick all last week. He spent most of the week miserable with a fever. He was in bed before 8 p.m. almost every night (which is why I haven't posted since Tuesday - My typing is too loud!) On Friday, he was finally feeling better. We went to dinner with a friend (had delicious potato gnocchi with pesto sauce) and later went and had a drink with some more friends. Unfortunately, as we called it a night before 10 p.m. and started heading home in the cold, we realized a fever would be making its presence again another night... but this time, in me! Seth was so kind to share!! It was a long and miserable night, but luckily, the medicine he gave me in the middle of the night finally helped my fever calm down and me get some sleep. I woke up feeling ok, just to go back to sleep and wake up feeling a fever. :( I have to say there is nothing more miserable than a fever. Despite the fact that I wanted to get out and put my camera to use again today, I was stuck inside. We did play a game of Scrabble and watch multiple episodes of Arrested Development (a show I didn't originally like, but am loving now). Oh, and K-State beat Texas today in basketball, which definitely helped me feel better, even if it was just in my head! (Clemente was definitely the star of the day, with over 40 points! Plus we broke the 19 game winning streak Texas had at home!!!)

A quick review of my week - Wednesday, a new episode of Lost! Loved it... :) I really want to know about those Others, and now with the Charles Whitmore link to the Others... Oooo, it definitely stays interesting! I also realized, I'd much rather watch a show about the island over a show about the people who got off the island, the only exception being Desmond, a character I'll watch where ever!)

Thursday night was a book club meetup. Funny, I came in and sat down next to a girl that I thought looked familiar... turns out, I did know her! We'd met at a K-State watch party and were both Kansas State Alum!! I had a great time at the book club and can't wait to attend more meetups! Our conversation flowed on for the whole time we were there, a little about the book, but mostly about other things. All the girls were wonderful, and we've already started making plans to hang out outside of the book club. :)

Another note about Thursday night... this may make me seem crazy (which I'm pretty sure I am!) I am a very lucid dreamer, but sometimes, I get my dreams and reality mixed up. It's nothing major, usually... but after going to bed stressed out about the economy (and the potential lay-off I face) I must have set myself into a stressful dream pattern. About 2 hours after falling asleep, I sat straight up in bed and yelled out to Seth that "My wallet has been stolen!" I jumped over him in bed and climbed down our loft ladder, repeating it over and over. I was panicking and worried, telling him I needed to call in and report my stolen cards. I remember wondering how I was going to get to work without my metro card! Then, as I made my way into the living room, I realized I had No Idea what I was talking about! Seth was asking me if I was freaking out and what in the world I was even talking about. In the daze of my panic over my "stolen" wallet, I climbed back into bed, tried to forget just how crazy my mind must be, and fell back asleep. I guess maybe I compare losing my job to losing my wallet? I just hope it isn't a foreshadow of my wallet's future, in more ways than one.

1 comment:

Mrs. E said...

Oh my gosh! I do the same thing in my sleep sometimes. (Spiders on the ceiling, someone outside our window, etc.) Rick has become annoyed! Get to feeling better soon.