I do have to say, I love my commute here though. I see the sunrise each morning for a brief moment as it begins to touch the city... and, at the end of the day, I see the sun set behind the sky scrapers and the Brooklyn Bridge. Kansas has beautiful sunsets, but this, it's completely different... shocks and amazes me every time I see it. I still cannot believe that I, a girl who grew up on a farm and went to an elementary school in a town the size of the school I work in now, am living in New York City.O and get this for a different life, dealing with something as simple as what my students live in. As I was thinking about the differences between my students and the Kansas students we've started writing Pen Pal letters to, I wondered how many of my students lived in apartment buildings... turns out, every single one of them do. When explained that all of my students last year and most likely all of our pen pals lived in houses with yards, they were SHOCKED! They couldn't believe it was even possible!
No comments:
Post a Comment