About

Monday, October 13, 2008

Looking Forward

My To-Do list for the last 2 years has been topped with Crocheting. I've picked it up a few times but haven't had the drive to keep at it and actually create something successful. I already have a list of books to start inspiring me (gotta make it up to the library soon), and the box of crochet needles, yarn, and books have been pulled off the shelf. Just got to get myself back up-to-speed to where I was when I last left off. O and I need to untangle the yarn mess Indivar left me to remember him by. (That dog pops into my head all the time - seems like everyone has a dachshund around here.) The other exciting thing I found, that may encourage me to continue crocheting was a group in Park Slope that meets various times throughout the week just 2 avenues up. I need to work on my abilities before I join up for meeting, but I think it could be really fun - giving me the chance to meet new people and also get some guidance on exactly what I'm doing. I'd like to get a hand on crocheting and eventually start knitting too. But, I need to not get too excited, I've got to get the crocheting down first (and obviously I'm a bit of a slow learner!).

Something else I'd love to do someday, but don't know if it will ever happen, is to run a marathon. This year, I'll be lucky to have the chance to watch from the sidelines as the NYC Marathon runs by just an avenue away! Can't wait for November 2nd. This will actually be a first - I've never watched a marathon!

No comments: