After walking my friend to meet up with his group, we headed to Chambers St. to a bar called The Patriot to meet my teaching friend, Stephanie. The bar was completely different than we expected. The first thing we noticed was Johnny Cash being Blasted over the bar noise. It's the first "country" bar I've been in the city, yet the only things that were really similar to any of the country bars I've been to back in Kansas were the music and the beer. The dancing was different, the bartenders were different (I'd have to say the one's at The Patriot probably have more fun!), the crowd's clothing was different (No tight "hick" pants).
We stayed for a while, enjoyed a couple drinks, and I personally enjoyed a little country music, something I haven't really heard for months!
Life is much more enjoyable for Stephanie this weekend. She finally moved into an apartment earlier this week and has been able to sleep in her own bed for the first time in months. I cannot even imagine how she's been holding up, dealing with the (horrible) work environment of teaching in the City and not having a place to relax and call home.
Sometimes I wish I could go to work and "party". The bartenders here were dancing on the bars and taking shots throughout the night. They really looked like they were having a good time! A song by Elvis came on and this bartender was on the bar dancing with her Elvis mask! I felt almost like I was in Coyote Ugly.
Shots all around. I haven't taken a shot from a bar in a while. This one was delicious and on the house!
No comments:
Post a Comment