About

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Too Much

Yesterday, I decided to take a walk to the library. I've been feeling great and thought I was ready. It's only 2 blocks away, so 4 blocks total seemed like a doable walk. Boy was I mistaken. I could feel my body being unhappy with me when I got home, but it wasn't until last that my body started screaming at me! I had the chills and my body was aching and cramping. I couldn't get warm or comfortable. We even called the midwife because we were scared by what was happening. She went over the symptoms for potentially serious problems, and I wasn't really having any. It was all stemming from the walk I shouldn't have taken. She advised me to spend the next few days in bed and to pretty much not leave the house until our 2 week appointment. I wish I would have listened from the start.

The night before last, sweet Sofia was up every 30 minutes to hour and a half eating for anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. I was worried about how long of a night it might be for me on top of how I was feeling and how uncomfortable it was to sit and feed her. But sweet Sofia must have sensed mama needed a little more sleep and fewer nursings. (Or maybe it was the extra blanket Grandma suggested for warmth - based on how well she sleeps during the day when she's resting on someone getting their body heat and at night we put her in a bassinet on the bed between us for at least part of the night.) Whichever the case, we had longer sleep time between eating and shorter nursing sessions. I am waking up feeling much better compared to how I felt last night. Sofia is spending time this morning sleeping on Mama's chest. (Have I mentioned how much I love this little girl!?)

No comments: