About

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Finding a Birthing Center

I think I might be kind of crazy to be moving across the country part way through my first pregnancy. At least I'm moving away from a place where I don't think I could find the care I really wanted during the birthing to a place where the care seems absolutely AMAZING! Now, it's the process of getting into the birthing center I have found that I'm most interested in while I'm all the way across the country!!

I just got off of a phone appointment with one of the midwives (actually the one that founded the center) and am beyond impressed. She was already supporting me and walking me through the vitamins that I'm taking and giving suggestions on what might be better and WHY. She gave me suggestions for the heartburn that has been torturing me. 

I explained to the midwife I spoke to today that I'm looking for someone who is very clear in explaining what is happening with the pregnancy and any testing... after being sent with a paper to an address with no explanation even though I was obviously confused and had attempted to ask what it was for -- ONLY to find out I was having blood drawn & 6 vials at that. At which I STILL am not completely clear on WHAT they were testing for... I am pretty sure that this place will NOT be the same experience...

Now if I can just secure a spot in their birthing center! Tomorrow I'll be working on getting my paperwork in line to send out to secure my spot. Hope I'm not too late! Now I wish I'd have started this search back in February!


1 comment:

Mrs. E said...

I will keep my fingers crossed! That is one worry that you don't need.