About

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Sketchbook On the iPad

Today in class my art teacher mentioned an app he was trying out on his new iPad that he actually considered experimenting on as his medium for creating art for a future trip to Germany. I thought I'd check it out. Pretty impressed, and even more because it is free. (Not saying that I've created a masterpiece. It might take a little getting used to, but I've shared a quick sketch I did of Seth. Nothing wonderful, but a fun app anyway.)

This morning was my last drawing class of the spring semester. I am improving as a drawer, but I still have a long way to go... I start summer drawing class in about a week and a half. I am taking a Wednesday and Thursday night class for the month of June plan to take a morning class Monday through Friday for the month of July. I will continue with the same teacher. I definitely need to draw more (this month has been ridiculously busy - I've hardly been able to draw.) my lines are so static and straight. I cannot seem to draw curved lines with ease. I also need to continue to work on proportions.

No comments: