How awesome is that!?As of recently, I am one happy, new iPad owner!! Last week, owning an iPad was just a thought I pushed back in my head -- I should definitely be putting my money into other places (i.e. student loans). Yet, by the end of the week, I was trotting off to Best Buy to get a screen protector and a case & since then, I've been researching the best apps & I'm even reading a book via iBooks!
I have to share how I came upon this iPad. Last week was teacher appreciation week (I don't often write about work here, but I'll share this time ;) -- And how do we get shown we are appreciated? We spend 3 days testing (which they should rename to torturing, because that's more of what it is)... So anyway, Friday morning, I'm riding the train next to a girl who is reading a book on her iPad. I love books, but I've recently started longing for some sort of e-reader (I think it was around the time that I was reading Harry Potter book 5 and lugging it EVERYWHERE because I couldn't possibly ride a moment on a train without reading it - despite the extra weight!) How wonderful an iPad would be!? E-reader and SO MUCH MORE!
Lunch was served by our PA (amazing yummy food that I'd heard praised from past years as one of the best meals of the year)... As we walked in the room for lunch, the back table had brown boxes with ribbons and our names on them. I had previously seen these same brown boxes upstairs in the principal's office and assumed they were plaques or something of the sort expressing how amazing we are ;) Upon a closer look, we were quite surprised to see the contents of the brown boxes were actually iPads!! Let's just say, the room might have resembled an Oprah show when she gives the whole audience gifts!
Soooo, if anyone has any cool apps to share - ones for kids or ones for me ;) - I'd love to hear what they are!
I have to share how I came upon this iPad. Last week was teacher appreciation week (I don't often write about work here, but I'll share this time ;) -- And how do we get shown we are appreciated? We spend 3 days testing (which they should rename to torturing, because that's more of what it is)... So anyway, Friday morning, I'm riding the train next to a girl who is reading a book on her iPad. I love books, but I've recently started longing for some sort of e-reader (I think it was around the time that I was reading Harry Potter book 5 and lugging it EVERYWHERE because I couldn't possibly ride a moment on a train without reading it - despite the extra weight!) How wonderful an iPad would be!? E-reader and SO MUCH MORE!
Lunch was served by our PA (amazing yummy food that I'd heard praised from past years as one of the best meals of the year)... As we walked in the room for lunch, the back table had brown boxes with ribbons and our names on them. I had previously seen these same brown boxes upstairs in the principal's office and assumed they were plaques or something of the sort expressing how amazing we are ;) Upon a closer look, we were quite surprised to see the contents of the brown boxes were actually iPads!! Let's just say, the room might have resembled an Oprah show when she gives the whole audience gifts!
Soooo, if anyone has any cool apps to share - ones for kids or ones for me ;) - I'd love to hear what they are!
2 comments:
Oh my gosh!! I am thrilled for you! (And how weird that we have both been thinking about e-readers. I never thought I'd want one, but I do!) Now that is a Teacher Appreciation Day present! Almost makes it worth those 3 days of testing torture!
Wow!!! That is awesome! I am pretty sure that wasn't what the teachers received here for teacher appreciation day (or the nurse!!) ha!
I LOVE my ipad! I love to read books on it, and I download all of the free kindle books they offer (the Kindle for Ipad app).
Post a Comment