
24 today. No longer 23... I'm creeping closer to the 25 mark. It doesn't feel like I'm really this age. It doesn't feel like 23 was long enough. In my mind (for whatever reason it may be), I think the twenties are the best... But I catch myself wondering if I'm enjoying them to the fullest, because they are passing year by year.
I've decided to make a list, like many others, of the things I want to do in this next year of my life. I think it'll be a tradition I will continue year after year. I'm going to post this list in a place where I'll see it often, where I'll be able to check off the things I've completed, where I'll be reminded of what I want to accomplish before I'm 25.
1. Write letters more.2. Write a song with Seth. (I'm on the words and bongo drums, he's on the notes and vocals and guitar.)
3. Sell photo prints.
4. Do at least 4 photo projects throughout the year.
5. Photograph people... families, children, lovers, friends...
6. Take a photography class.
7. Write Everyday. (I stocked up on a variety of notebooks from a great paper store I found in Estes Park over our trip last week.)
8. Participate in hope revolution.
9. Do something artistic/creative... painting... drawing...
10. Meet up with other photographers in NYC.
11. Walk across the Manhattan Bridge.
12. Have an Artist's Date every 2 weeks. (I know it's supposed to be every week, but during parts of the year, my life is too hectic to make a full-on commitment.)
13. Inspire.
14. Visit Boston.
15. Learn to embroider.
16. Crochet more.
17. Meet a blogging friend.
18. Get a vintage camera (TTV... Polaroid...)
19. Understand my DSLR and its settings.
20. Do Yoga.
21. Just Be... everyday (breath. think. don't think. relax. be calm. don't stress.)
22. Finish and share my photography website.
23. Visit a museum or art exhibit at least once a month!
24. See the sun shining.
14 comments:
great list! Love to hear about your 4 photo projects.
Great goals for the upcoming year. If you do them all, you'll have a very balanced life.
great list! make sure you watch those comments about turning 25!
You can check off #13, you've inspired me!
My bday's coming up and I wanna make a to-do list for myself already!
You have a lovely blog. Good luck with that song! :)
This is a wonderful list. I can see myself wanting to do most of these- 3,4,6,7,9,13,17,19,21,24. I wouldn't mind having a vintage camera of some kind either.
What a great list! So, is today your birthday??? Happy Birthday!!!
You've inspired me to come up with my list before I turn 38. :)
it is about the journey--given your list for your twenties--I can't wait to see what the thirties and forties bring-go fo it!
I'm with CM-- I can't wait to see you in the next decade. You're going to be amazing, no matter what your age, girl!
Happy Birthday to you one day late!! I think yourlist is fabulous and such a great idea.
great list good luck. keep revisiting it for YOU. remind yourself that goals and dreams are good not selfish! i will be 38 and i do not know how that happened! it goes too fast way too fast. so squeeze as much in as you can. if you ever come to boston you need to let me know! i can get the train there and we can have a fun day of shooting!
how did i miss this??? happy happy happy birthday! {a little late}
i did a similar list on my 37th birthday. i was thinking of going back and looking at that, because although i have accomplished some of them, i know i have a lot more of them to finish before september. yikes! i better get going.
i like your list. i hope you get them all done! if i ever get to new york, i'll look you up and you can accomplish no. 17! and if you ever get to chicago, same thing. :)
Just a note re age: when I was 25 I told people I was 12 and a half twice! When I reached 30 I became 18 with 12 years experience! I'm now 41 ... age is truly just a number.
i love how absolutely creative you are! one of the beautiful reasons your my friend...i know you'll be able to accomplish all of the things on your list :) fabulous idea for a fabulous person :)
I think this is a great list! I am 25, it's not that bad. I still feel 18, but with just more life experience! I would love to be your blog friend that you meet. I read awhile back that you went to Utah, do you have ties here? You have inspired me to make a list, I can't wait to see what I come up with.
Post a Comment