About

Sunday, September 23, 2012

I Think I am Addicted

I have spent the last few months glancing at baby clothes in the stores, but I haven't bought much because, as a thrifter, some of those clothes cost more than what I spend on my own finds. And for the babe to only wear for a short time & on top of it all, I don't even love most baby clothes - at least not for those store prices!! So when a friend sent me a link to a huge consignment sale a couple weeks ago, I thought I'd check it out. I was a bit skeptical considering the state of the baby clothes I have seen at local thrift stores (stained and overpriced... And not all that great of selection). I was sure it would be the same at the consignment sale... But I was quite happily mistaken!!! The selection was HUGE and the prices were within what I would expect for second hand clothes! I got tons of clothes - which I wanted to lay out and take photos of to share with everyone but haven't done because they are completely gender specific!! I got socks and a sling and some other things for the little one. I spent hours at the sale and enjoyed every second of it!

I shared the information with some other friends, and they told me about another similar consignment sale happening in Beaverton. I hadn't planned on going, having just spent money and not wanting to drive all the way to Beaverton. This morning I happened to be there meeting up with these friends for a mamas and mamas-to-be walk, when one of them mentioned that the sale was 50% off today. I figured I'd check it out, thinking it would be disappointing considering it has been going all week and today was one of the final days. Again, I was completely surprised. This one was even better! I will definitely make the drive to Beaverton every fall and spring for this sale, and I'll probably plan to do it on the last day for the 50% off! I purchased 43 items for a little over $80. I bought more baby clothes (hope I haven't bought too many...) 2 of the pieces were $3.00 and the rest were between $0.50 and $1.50! At least our little one has clothes (although I have a lot of laundry to do before the baby's arrival!)

I can't wait to shop these with friends. (Kelly came for a while but left about the time I wanted to look at clothes since it's very gender specific.) Next spring should be fun though!!! And I am pretty sure I have no desire to buy new baby clothes at the normal baby clothes price ever... I'll just try to time it so I buy for upcoming sizes during the fall and spring.

1 comment:

Mrs. E said...

Love your thrifty nature! We are headed to the military base garage sales next weekend. K has lots of luck there, too--about $2.00 a garment usually--and many still have tags and haven't been worn. Nuts. Why pay full price? I'm hunting a few Christmas treats, too.