About

Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Day of Interesting Commutes

This morning was quite a morning. The train I usually take quit running in Brooklyn. So I changed to the only other train available at the station. Then, I started thinking and stopped paying attention. I missed the transfer I was supposed to make. I ended back up on my regular train heading uptown. I decided to do an above ground transfer from the F train to the 6 line at Lexington. I don't think I've ever done this transfer before and there is something about the green line... If I don't get on the green train at my normal stations, I get completely confused on which way I am going... And of course, I was not paying attention. Next thing I knew, I was on the downtown 6 train instead of the uptown. I couldn't believe my luck.

Then, this afternoon, I was on the train (luckily no trains ran off through route, and I was paying close enough attention that I didn't miss my transfers). This guy got on the packed train and started telling a story to his friends about a time he was on the subway and some guy had his elbow shoved in his back. It was absolutely HILARIOUS! I laughed so hard I was crying! I wish that guy was on the subway at the end of every day.

1 comment:

Mrs. E said...

Do you think I'd ever be able to find my way around?? Sounds like you darn near need to be gifted to figure out where you need to be!!