About

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Home: Part 4

Sunset as we headed to meet Paula for dinner. Is it crazy that this is taken in the middle of a large city? It is to me. We'd never see such flatness in our city. Seth kept talking about how he expected to look and see tall buildings everywhere. NOT the case... (Dinner was Mexican food! YUMMM... One thing we haven't found to be as good in NYC.)

The dreaded driving.

Brunch with a large group of our closest college friends after a CRAZY night out. We haven't forgotten how to have a good time. We haven't forgotten how to act like we are still college students.

I'm sure the restaurant wished we'd forgotten - we were having a bit too much fun. Tyler's probably trying to defend himself after I brought up embarrassing stories of the past (in my defense, he was picking on me first)... Or trying to convince us to stay another night (which he did... we have since vowed not to listen to his ideas. They just hurt too much.)

This photo is a bit dark and blurry. I just couldn't help myself. We stopped by the bar in town that a lot of my high school friends would frequent when we were in college. It's run down, old, and only takes cash. They serve pickled hard boiled eggs, too. (YUCK). We were trying to kill some time while waiting for my brother and his wife (yah!) to come into town after flying in from their honeymoon. When we walked in, we were greeted by a barefoot guy on the floor. I was shocked by his state and how early it was. Why was he not wearing shoes, especially since it was snowing outside?! Here, the friend is giving the guy socks - he just happened to be wearing 2 pairs. Only in the Midwest, I guess.

Brothers-in-law with one of their favorite drinks.

We've changed a little since that porch photo I posted in the last post... No?

3 comments:

Mrs. E said...

I love that last photo!!

Alison Kinsey said...

Very cute blog, it must be amazing to be in such close proximity to NYC. I am from the Boston area :) Not that it compares to NYC or anything!!

xo

Unknown said...

haha. you went to one of my favorite bars! i miss the ville. and did you dine at la fiesta? good to see you still know how to have a good time and haven't become one of those married couples!