This red parachute jump tower, now just a standing icon of Coney Island, is always one of my favorite things to capture when I visit the boardwalk. I wonder if I would have ever done the parachute jump if it were up and running today or if I had been there in the 40s-60s when it was still operating. The idea of amusement parks on Coney Island is something very intriguing to me... Which is interesting, considering I'm not a huge fan of the carnivals and amusement parks of today.
5 comments:
I love the treatment you gave this...it really does look like an old postcard...Coney Island is such a fun place to take pictures!
Although I haven't been commenting much lately just want you to know I always enjoy your photos:)
Aw I love vintage Coney Island. The place is a bit of a mess now, but it still holds that old-world charm... with some needles and garbage thrown in. Lovely. I'm one of those people who doesn't care about keeping the "feel" of Coney Island intact... I wish they'd clean it up!
i'd have to parachute once just to see what it was like as i've always wanted to parachute out of an airplane. hope all is well.
how exciting that ride must have been when it was first opened. i think it would have been a great thing to experience that.
I have been to Coney Island last time about 20 yrs ago and this is a nice reminder of what it used to be like.
Post a Comment