It worked out perfectly... The sun decided to visit for the day. We met up with good friends for a brunch at a diner in our neighborhood. Since we were close to the coop, I was able to talk Seth into helping me get groceries (he'd previously refused, remember the horridly long line of last weekend!) Then off to the park for an afternoon stroll.We were reminded how much we love New York's parks. The meaning of a park is so different here compared to in Kansas. Parks in Kansas have grills and picnic tables for cook outs and playgrounds for children to play in. Large amounts of people don't tend to go to the park to layout and enjoy the large grassy area or to sit on benches and read books all afternoon. Most people in Kansas can do this on their porches or in their yards, which is nice. But there's something wonderful about going to a park and spending your afternoon surrounded by people who are taking in the same things you are.
Many more photos to come, but now I'm off to clean the dishes... a horrible chore that Seth and I revolted against most of the weekend (resulting in yet another weekend of no clean silverware!) If you would like to see the polaroids I took, click here. They turned out so beautifully!!!!
1 comment:
soooooooooooooooo beautiful!
Post a Comment