About

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Day at the Beach

Seth worked this morning. I slept in as the beautiful sunlight filled our apartment. I could tell it was cool outside, because when I woke up, I pulled the blinds and watched people passing on the street below. Yet, despite the cool, windy weather, I decided today was a beach day. Seth was sweet and finally gave into what he feels is an odd request for a cool day (that I've been asking since December... I want to take advantage... I never lived an hour from a beach before!)

Brighton Beach was our destination and with the plan to wonder down the beach towards Coney Island. It was our first time in Brighton Beach, but we hardly wondered the neighborhood, just headed straight for the beach. It was an interesting sub ride down, the Q went above ground on the east side of our park and stayed above all the way down. We saw interesting houses and apartment buildings, lots of graffiti, and even yards (small ones mostly, but still enough green for a mower).


Look close. A little cold for me, but not for him.


Dancer.


I have some more... some pictures of Coney Island in its current state, pictures of Seth being creative on the boardwalk, and another street musician.

Hope you all had wonderful and warm Sunday afternoons, and happy holiday to those who celebrate. Which reminds me, Seth and I don't really do anything too special for holidays, but I did get to experience the Jewish Passover this year. Alissa invited me to join her family for their traditional holiday dinner on Thursday evening. They were so lovely to let me join in, explaining the different traditions and sharing the food. I tried matzah for the first time and matzah ball soup (which I really liked). I even tried gefilte fish (really liked the homemade one, not so much on the premade canned one). She even made flour-free desserts, and of course they were delicious, all her sweets are always amazing! It was a great experience, and I'm so happy that she invited me to join her. Thanks Alissa :)

No comments: